Woods Blog

Mary's Blog -- a place to keep friends and family informed of the crazy goings-on of me and the kids!

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Wierd Week

It's been an interesting week so far --

I found out today that my brother Chuck is in the hospital with a stomach hernia and a foot infection. I wish him a speedy recovery.

I bowled Monday night -- 128-175-149. Not very consistent, huh?

I received a call for a job and will be calling them tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed!

Today I spent some time at the local yarn shop finishing a sweater that I started about five years ago. All I have to do is put it together but it's confusing so I was getting help from Zandy. I had lunch at school with Morgan, went grocery shopping and them came home and cleaned. I had a few friends over for a Longaberger party tonight.

It's supposed to be in the negative singles tomorrow through Monday -- longest cold streak in MN since January of 1994. Hope you're enjoying Hawaii Mom & Dad! ;-)

This is a sweater that I won a purple ribbon for at the Rice County Fair back when I was a teenager. This sweater took me about nine months to knit. It was a challenge, but I felt like I had accomplished so much when I was done! I couldn't tell you what kind of yarn I used, but I do remember that the pattern came out of Family Circle Knitting magazine and I believe I still have it!


Aunt Rosie's Sweater Posted by Hello


This is my "Viking" scarf. It was knit with Lion Brand Micro Spun in lavendar and Bernat Eye Lash in cool. I finished it Sunday morning between perusing the paper for jobs and taking the kids to Skateville. I'm so glad that Michael's now carries these yarns and I don't have to go to the expensive yarn shops for the fun stuff! I will wear this scarf until the Vikings are out of the playoffs -- hopefully until February 7!


"Viking" Scarf Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home