Woods Blog

Mary's Blog -- a place to keep friends and family informed of the crazy goings-on of me and the kids!

Monday, January 24, 2005

Winter Wonderland

We finally got hit with snow on Friday! About 10 inches in Burnsville. It's about darn time!

My brother is still at the VA. He seems to be doing better -- getting up and moving around a bit. Their thought is to put him in the extended care unit for a while until he can better move around. He's been there 11 days already, but it sounds like he's doing what he's supposed to be doing.

I went up to Ely this past weekend for my birthmom's Christmas celebration. My aunt & uncle have a motel up there so we stayed at their place. The drive up Friday was quite interesting -- very snowy and slick. Thanks, Kyle, for driving and getting us there safely -- I know you took a lot of razzing for it, but I do appreciate it! (I got a lot of knitting done on the way up as I was trying to not watch the roads too closely!) Friday night we played board games and some of us walked down to the local tavern for a couple drinks and some socializing. Saturday was very relaxing with window shopping, napping and knitting! The whole crew of us -- about 25 -- went out for dinner. It was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to bringing the kids up next time.

I started a lace scarf over the weekend and it's working pretty quickly.

Back to reality -- work & bowling today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home